Friday, January 21, 2011

Quorum Little Q

Five-Pack Tin
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium
Ring Gauge:
Length:
Price: $5.79

The Quorum Little Q was a welcome surprise I found in my local humidor recently. With the cold weather and recent long hours at work, I haven't been able to enjoy a nice cigar much lately. When I stop by my local shop I intended on finding a small smoke that would last about 20 minutes or so, something perfect for the drive to work or a quick after-lunch treat. I had just settled on a six pack tin of Cohiba Pequenos when, on my way out of the humidor, I spotted these guys. At $5.79, they were half the price of the Cohibas so I thought, “Why not give them a shot?” I was rather pleased, as I’ve not been too impressed with the Little Q’s older siblings. The larger cigars have seemed rather uneventful, without much pizzaz or change in taste. In fact they’ve seemed rather mild, whenever they’re touted as a medium bodied cigar. The Little Q, I’m happy to report, had a hint of spice to it and seemed to have an earthy, coffee-type finish, and a closer-to-medium body which the larger Q’s lacked. This is mainly due to the Little Q’s small size as it burns hotter and heats up the pallet a bit more. Those who prefer heavier smokes may not get much from this one, but I rather enjoyed it while sipping a glass of sweet tea. The construction was very good, and the burn was nice and even all the way down to the band. The little guy outdid many of the big-name miniature cigars I’ve tried. The five cigars were elegantly packaged in a blue tin­ - a keepsake I love to have for spare change and things. Each cigar is wrapped in it’s own cellophane wrapper.  The head requires cutting, which I like, whereas many of the miniatures do not. While it’s not what I’d choose when I have an hour to sit outdoors and enjoy a smoke after a good meal, it’s definitely one I’ll keep on hand for those times when I want something quick but flavorful and don’t have access to a nearby cigar shop.

Construction: 9
Taste: 6               
Burn: 10
Price: 10
Overall Opinion: 8

RATING: 8.6

No comments:

Post a Comment